Our Design / Studio Student Work Placement opportunity will provide you with a great opportunity for students undertaking their industry work placement to learn how every department of a young fashion design label works in a very practical process.
What you will be doing:
- Help set up the accessories boards (research, fabric, lineup) and keep them tidy and updated at all times.
- Assisting in daily department tasks and duties.
- Help tidy and ensure samples in studio and warehouse are kept organized and properly labeled.
- Assist with the mocking up of trials and new development samples
- Keep the fabric and the leather swatches binders up to date and organised.
- Assist in the preparation of lookbook shootings, show and showroom, ensuring all samples are correctly labelled, presented and packed.
- Assist in sourcing local materials and trims.
Students skills required:
- Basic construction knowledge
- Basic accessories construction skills are a plus.
- Student level proficiency in photoshop, illustrator and indesign.
- Student level proficiency in Office ensuite.
- Proven ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines at University.
- Pro-active and able to take initiative
- Excellent eye for detailSpanish language speaker preferably
What you will learn / we will teach you:
- Design, development and production fashion cycle of the accessories department.
- Materials, techniques and their suppliers.
- Learn how to work on a small and professional fashion design brand
- How to meet deadlines under pressure
- Communication skills between the department and team members
- Understanding of the materials, components and technique working along the development team
When applying please send;
- Your CV
- A link of example of your work
- Cover Letter
Please understand that due to high number of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted.